Every couple of months or so, I get obsessed with something. First, it was bentonite clay, then I couldn't stop eating blackberries and now it's Spirulina. I have been taking Spirulina for about a month and feel I am reaping the benefits.
Spirulina is bluish-green algae that people can ingest or use topically. Some of the benefits are:
- high in protein (great for vegetarians and vegans)
- helps with weight loss
- lowers bad cholesterol while elevating the good cholesterol
- boost metabolism
- reduces allergy symptoms (my nose is much more clear!)
- aids in cleansing the blood
- high in vitamins and minerals
- hydrates, brightens, and clarifies the skin
You will need:
- 3 tablets or 1 tablespoon of Spirulina
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- a few drops of water
- If, you're using tablets first crush them in a shallow bowl using a spoon or a knife. It may be tough at first, but it will eventually turn into powder form.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Apply to face either using fingers or a face mask brush; AVOID the eye area
- Leave on for 15-20 minutes
- wash off with warm water
*BE CAREFUL NOT TO GET ON CLOTHES; WILL STAIN
-Once done washing off the mask, follow up with your skincare routine. I have a winter skincare guide: Check it out here.