I love shrimp! Curry shrimp, shrimp scampi, grilled shrimp, shrimp fried rice and most importantly, FRIED SHRIMP!
Over the Holidays, I decided that fried shrimp would be a nice added touch to the Thanksgiving menu especially since I don’t eat turkey. If you want to know more about how to get delicious fried shrimp, keep reading below.
- raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 cup of vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 3/4 to 1 cup of flour
- panko crumbs
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- cajun seasoning
- pepper flakes
1 .CLEAN, rinse, and devein shrimp! It’s important that you clean the shrimp. Use 1/4 cup of vinegar and 1 cup of water to get rid of the fishy smell. Soak for at least 15 minutes.
2. Drain the shrimp and it place it in a bowl.
3. Add garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes it mix all together. Cover and place the shrimp in the refrigerator for at least an hour or overnight.
4. Take out the shrimp and place it on the counter.
5. Pour, flour, panko bread crumbs, cajun seasoning, and red pepper flakes in a bowl and mix.
6. Place pan on stovetop and pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Place the heat on "high."
7. While the oil is heating in the pan, place a few pieces of shrimp in the flour mixture and make sure each piece of the shrimp is covered in flour.
8. Once oil is heated, turn the stove down to medium and add the shrimp.
9. Fry shrimp for 3 minutes on each side.
10. Once shrimp is done cooking, place the fried shrimp on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
11. Let cool for a few minutes.
SERVE & ENJOY!