Fall is officially here!
I decided to share this pumpkin sugar scrub for face and body to bring in this joyous season.
I know most people love their pumpkin spice lattes, their pumpkin pie or going to the annual pumpkin patch with their children. Besides partaking in pumpkin activities and discarding the insides of the pumpkin, you can use it on your body.
Not only is pumpkin good for decorations or eating but it also benefits your skin as well.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS PUMPKIN INCLUDES ARE:
- brighter skin
- collagen producing
- control and minimize acne
- getting rid of hyper pigmentation
- decrease sun damage
- exfoliate dead skin cells
YOU WILL NEED
- 1 oz jar (or bigger)
- 1 small pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon of rosewater
If you’re using a new jar, make sure that it’s clean. I used an old jar and to clean it off, I just soaked it in hot water and soap for a few hours.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Clean the pumpkin and dry it off.
- Cut the stem off.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. I used the round part of a potato peeler to scoop out the seeds. You can either throw them in the trash or set them aside to roast them later!
- Place the pumpkin on a baking sheet and place it in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin is done, let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Place the pumpkin on a plate and scoop out the pumpkin with either a spoon or a fork.
- Scoop out the pumpkin and place it a small bowl.
- Add the jojoba oil, brown sugar, and rosewater and mix all the ingredients together.
- Once you’re done mixing all the ingredients together, place it in your jar and close it tight.
- Store the pumpkin scrub in the refrigerator and use it when you need it!