Who doesn't love a good shrimp pasta dish! When you want to spruce up the typical spaghetti dish or if you're in the mood for something new during the weekday, this shrimp pasta dish will surely be a delight!
This shrimp pasta dish is one of my favorite meals to make because it tastes so good and it surely impresses your family on your cooking skills!
- 1 pound of shrimp (20 - 25 pieces)
- 1 cup of peas
- 1 bell pepper
- handful of spinach
- 1/2 pound of thin spaghetti noodles
- 4 1/2 tablespoons of butter
- dried basil
- smoked paprika
- seasoned all salt
- red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
1. Clean and devein shrimp. Place shrimp in a bowl of cold water and apple cider vinegar and let sit for at least 20 minutes.
2. In the meantime, rinse and chop peas, red bell pepper, and spinach.
3. Drain the shrimp and season with dried rosemary, smoked paprika, oregano, salt, pepper, seasoned all salt, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Once done mixing, set the seasoned shrimp aside.
4. Place a large skillet on the stove and set the temperature to medium-high.
5. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and let it melt in the skillet for about 3 minutes.
6. Add the seasoned shrimp in the skillet.
7. Turn the temperature down to medium.
8. Let the shrimp cook on each side for 2 to 3 minutes. 9. Once shrimp is cooked through, place them on a separate plate or bowl.
10. In a pot, bring water to boil and add pasta (Follow instructions on pasta box).
11. In the saucepan where you cooked the shrimp, add 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter, salt, pepper, dried basil, thyme, oregano, rosemary, thyme, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and pasta sauce. Stir all together.
12. Add spinach to the saucepan.
13. Once the spinach has cooked down a little bit turn the stove down to medium-low and add the peas and chopped bell pepper.
14. Once the water has reached a boil, add salt and pasta to the water.
15. Let the vegetables cook in the sauce for about 10 minutes.
16. Let pasta reach "al dente" and add the pasta to the sauce. DO NOT DRAIN THE PASTA.
17. Place shrimp back into the pan and mix together.
18. Add more seasoning to your liking if needed. I added a little more pepper flakes and salt.
19. Place on a plate, serve, and ENJOY!!!!